Are you looking for a way to give back to your community and to bless families in need?
How many of you have purchased furniture from a thrift store, restored, and then sold that furniture for profit? Here is a great opportunity to help those in need and give back to the stores that have given us so much.
You are invited to participate in a new month long link party where you can link up a piece of furniture you have restored and then donate this furniture to a charity of your choice such as Goodwill, Salvation Army, Habitat for Humanity Restores, local church groups, etc.
Details for the new link party:
Link Party Name: Habitat Heros
Dates: October 20 through November 20
Host Blogs: Cassie from Primitive and Proper, Jacqueline from Simple Home Life, Julia from 551 East Furniture Design, Katie from Wildwood Creek. The link party will connect through all four host blogs.
Link party participants will:
1. Link up a piece of furniture that you have restored.
2. Donate this piece of furniture to a charity of your choice.
3. Follow one or all of the host blogs to ensure that you receive updates.
4. Post the Habitat Heros link party button on your sidebar.
Link party hosts will:
1. Choose one project each week and feature the creator's project and blog.
2. On November 21 all entries will be entered into a giveaway, which will include a prize from each host.
More details and a list of prizes will be announced on October 20.
I'll leave you with a before and after of one of my favorite restored pieces that was purchased from Goodwill.
This vanity was painted with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in a mix of one part Louis Blue and two parts Provence, which mixed to a lovely pale turquoise. The hardware was sprayed with a light coat of Rustoleum Satin Nickel.
The run of the mill before pic.
We thank you for your consideration in joining this link party and helping those in need and your community.
See you at the party!