Pages

home profile party links featured

Oct 2, 2011

Duck Egg Blue Table


I painted this three legged table with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Duck Egg Blue, lightly distressed and finished with the Soft Wax in Clear.




I stained the top in Minwax Dark Walnut and stenciled to cover up the filled in screw holes from some molding that was removed.


Before.

After.

Thanks for visiting.  I am linking to the following parties:

You are Talking Too Much - Monday Link Party 
TUESDAY
A Bowl Full of Lemons - One Project at a Time 
Coastal Charm - Nifty Thrifty Tuesday 

House of Grace - Twice Owned Tuesday
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia - Tuesday's Treasures
Shades of Amber - Chalk Paint Party 

Type A Decorating - Anything Goes Party
WEDNESDAY
Beyond the Picket Fence - Under $100 Linky Party
DIY by Design - Fall into Fall
Domestically Speaking - Power of Paint Party
Faded Charm - White Wednesday
Handy Man Crafty Woman - Wicked Awesome Wednesday
No Minimalist Here - Open House Party

Primitive and Proper - Piece of Work Wednesday
Primp Your Stuff Wednesday Link Party
Restore Interiors - Restored It Wednesday
Savvy Southern Style - Wow Us Wednesday

FRIDAY
2805 - Potpourri Friday

Addicted to Decorating - Addicts (not so) Anonymous Party
At the Picket Fence - Inspiration Friday
Chic On A Shoestring – Flaunt It Friday
Common Ground - Vintage Inspiration Friday
Faith, Trust and a Little Pixie Dust - Fabulous Friday Linky Party

Finding Fabulous - Frugalicious Friday
French Country Cottage - Feathered Nest Friday
Laurie Anna's Vintage Home - Farmhouse Friday

Miss Mustard Seed - Furniture Feature Friday 
Modern Country Style - Paint Please Link Party
My Repurposed Life - Catch as Catch Can Party
My Romantic Home - Show And Tell Friday
Redoux - What Have You Redone?

The Shabby Nest - Frugal Friday
Through a Photographer's Eyes - Favorite Photo of the Week

SATURDAY
Funky Junk Interiors


33 comments:

Twice Nice said...

So pretty! The stencing looks so sweet on there. Deb

Sarah Yoder said...

What a great piece with such an interesting shape...so much improved with your handiwork! Nice Job.

Amy Chalmers said...

Love that color!

Anonymous said...

The shape of that table is fantastic! I love the color that you chose.

Susan Freeman said...

You did a great job and I love the color! I am your newest follower. Stop by and visit me sometime.

Hugs,
Susan and Bentley
@ Ash Tree Cottage

Jenny @ Simcoe Street said...

I love this piece! The blue is wonderful.

Jenny
www.simcoestreet.blogspot.com

andrea@townandprairie said...

Great job, Katie, you pump out these pieces like clockwork! andrea@townandprairie

DIYbyDesign said...

I love the duck egg blue. It always looks so pretty. The stencil is lovely as well. Thanks so much for stopping by and for your kind comments on the rocking chair.

Cathy @My 1929 Charmer said...

I have duck egg blue and haven't used it yet. Now I will! The table is adorable and the stenciling adds that "extra" touch!

Cassie Bustamante said...

i am so in love with the shape of this piece! it is so unique and fun! and the colors suit it well!

Petie@inspirednesting.com said...

Your table looks great, I love the unique shape of it. I just finished a duck egg blue table too! Love the color.

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

What a great table -- never seen one like it and your transformation changed it's whole look! Love the stenciling on top -- great idea!

Debbiedoos said...

Hi Katie! Duck egg blue is my favorite chalk paint color. I just finished a project myself with that color that I had just a tad left and did not want to waste a drop. Your table is adorable.

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Hi Katie! Thank you for joining the Open House party this week. The little table is adorable and I love the color you painted it.
Hugs,
Sherry

Suzy www.savedbysuzy.blogspot.com said...

Thanks for sharing Katie! Blue with a stained top is one of my favorite looks. I like how you added the stencil too. Great job!

Handy Man, Crafty Woman said...

SO CUTE! I've never seen a table like this, and the blue is so sweet. Thank you for linking to Wicked Awesome Wednesday!

Julia @ 551Eastdesign said...

Those legs are SO unique! What a great piece to work on! You did a lovely job. :)

Debra@CommonGround said...

What a great table, love the color! thanks for linking up to VIF!

Emily said...

I love that color blue, what a great transformation!

Unknown said...

VERY cute! :) What an unusual table! :)

~Liz

My Dream Canvas said...

Wow, this looks great! I am hosting a Giveaway on my blog and would love for you to stop by!

Michelle @ Delicate Construction said...

This is sooooooooo cute!!! Love it! I am visiting from House of Hepworths and I am a new follower!
Hope you have a great weekend!
Michelle
www.delicateconstruction.blogspot.com

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Oh, I love it! Thanks for the inspiration! Have a nice day! Twyla

Mary @ Framed and Tagged said...

It looks awesome!...don't you love chalk paint?

I am your newest follower and would love for you to follow me.
Have a wonderful day!

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

Such a unique table, great color! Thanks for sharing.

Courtney said...

This is just awesome!! I love it! I would love if you would come share this at The Crazy Cute Link Party @ Between U & Me! :D

http://www.betweenuandme.com/2011/10/crazy-cute-link-party-22.html

Candace @ Candace Creations said...

I love what you did!

Come link this up to scrappy saturdays tomorrow at www.candacecreations.blogspot.com!

Candace

Deana said...

just lovely! this would be so great at my blog party From Trash to Treasure. I hope you'll join!!

SImple and Serene Living said...

Great job. Love the stenciling. Happy new follower from the Friday blog hop.
Laura
http://www.imsovintage.blogspot.com/

Honey at 2805 said...

Adorable, especially with the cute stenciling. It's a great color!

Thank you for linking to Potpourri Friday! I appreciate your participation!

Elegant Economies said...

Very sweet! Can see this table being useful in many different rooms. Beautiful job! Audrey

Kahli said...

Very interesting table! I love the shape and the color. And the stenciling on the top is the perfect touch! Great job Katie

Good Time Charlie said...

That is just gorgeous! I am inspired to try this on a little table. Thanks for sharing!