Pages

home profile party links featured

Nov 20, 2011

Drum Table


I painted this drum table with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Pure White and finished with the Soft Wax in Clear.  It has been so dark and cloudy, I'm tempted to paint more of my furniture in white just to lighten things up.


The top was stained with Minwax in Dark Walnut.  The hardware was buffed with steel wool.



Love the pop of color in the drawer.


Before.


After.  It was so cloudy, I had a hard time getting decent photos.

Thanks for visiting!

I'm linking to:

You are Talking Too Much - Monday Link Party
TUESDAY
A Bowl Full of Lemons - One Project at a Time 
Coastal Charm - Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia - Tuesday's Treasures
Shades of Amber - Chalk Paint Party

Sweet Little Gals - Turquoise Lovin' Party
WEDNESDAY
A Beach Cottage - Good Life Wednesday 
Beyond the Picket Fence - Under $100 Linky Party
DIY by Design - Fall into Fall
Domestically Speaking - Power of Paint Party
Faded Charm - White Wednesday
Handy Man Crafty Woman - Wicked Awesome Wednesday

Ivy and Elephants - What's It Wednesday Link Party
Primitive and Proper - Piece of Work Wednesday
Primp Your Stuff Wednesday Link Party
Restore Interiors - Restored It Wednesday
Savvy Southern Style - Wow Us Wednesday

Three Boys - Vintage Furniture

THURSDAY
House of Hepworths - Hookin Up with HOH

FRIDAY
2805 - Potpourri Friday

Addicted to Decorating - Addicts (not so) Anonymous Party
At the Picket Fence - Inspiration Friday
Chic On A Shoestring – Flaunt It Friday
Common Ground - Vintage Inspiration Friday 

Designer Garden - VIP Party
Faith, Trust and a Little Pixie Dust - Fabulous Friday Linky Party

Finding Fabulous - Frugalicious Friday
French Country Cottage - Feathered Nest Friday

Miss Mustard Seed - Furniture Feature Friday 
Modern Country Style - Paint Please Link Party
My Repurposed Life - Catch as Catch Can Party
My Romantic Home - Show And Tell Friday
Redoux - What Have You Redone
Simple Home Life - Simply Creations 
The Shabby Nest - Frugal Friday
Through a Photographer's Eyes - Favorite Photo of the Week

SATURDAY
Funky Junk Interiors

Meg & Mums - Saturday Splendour
MONTHLY
Beneath My Heart - Best DIY Project of the Month

Thrifty Decor Chic - Before and After 

36 comments:

The Little Red Shop said...

It looks lovely! While sorting furniture in my carriage house a couple of weeks ago, I found a drum table that I had completely forgotten about purchasing. I haven't tried Annie Sloan paint yet, but I know a lot of my friends find it wonderful.

: )

Julie M.

Kristi said...

Looks fantastic, I just got one of these tables with 4 lion head drawers around it. I've been wondering what to do with it to refinish. I think I'm going to copy a bit...stained top and painted bottom! Looks great!
Kristi

Cassie Bustamante said...

that looks awesome and i really love that hidden treasure of blue!

Jamie @ DIY Home Sweet Home said...

That looks fabulous. I love your blog. I'm your newest follower.
Would love to see you DIY Home Sweet home.
Jamie
http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/

P.S. I have another giveaway going on right now. Would love you to stop by and check it out.
P.P.S. I have a linky every Monday. Would love for you to stop by and link up.

Wendy said...

Turned out gorgeous! Love the pop of blue ~ what a fun little surprise :)

KelliB said...

What a beautiful transformation! I would love for you to share it at Totally Inspired Tuesdays at The Inspired Collection!

Kelli
www.theinspiredcollection.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Your drum table looks amazing! I love stained tops with pure white! The pop of color in the drawer is perfect!

DIYbyDesign said...

Love your before and after. I love two tone tables. Yours is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing at DIYbyDesign's Fall into Fall party.

Marigene said...

What a lovely little table!

Pam - @diy Design Fanatic said...

Your drum table is so pretty! You gave it more personality!

WhyCuzICan said...

Shucks, that drum table is darling! Love the pop of color in the drawer too :D Thanks for sharing!

Visiting from Wow Us Wednesday linky party,
Smiles, Suzanne in NW Illinois

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Gorgeous makeover, Katie.

Christie said...

It looks amazing! I just bought my first can of AS paint, so we will see how it goes! Hope it turns out this great! Yes, love the pop of color in the drawer! Coming over from WOW us Wed! Christie at threepixielane

Jennifer Grenko said...

It turned out great! I have been looking for a little drum table for a while now to do the same with. Happy Thanksgiving! Jennifer

Evie said...

That is so beautiful!! I loooove round tables (and never seem to have much luck finding them! Boo!). Great job!

evie @ brown paper packages

Anonymous said...

Wow this looks terrific! I have a dining table with the same claw capped feet as yours that I just finished. I can never find those round drum tables where I live. I'd love it if you linked this to my party www.megandmums.com :)

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

Katie...every piece you post just gets better and better. This turned out so awesome. I have one of these drum tables but I didn't know it was called that. I've been thinking about painting it and now I can see what it would look like. Thanks! Have a lovely weekend...

Linda @ it all started with paint said...

I may need to give my drum table a similar treatment ... was originally thinking of painting the whole piece, but I like the idea of leaving the top natural ...

Anonymous said...

This is So beautiful! I love the style of the table, and your work is gorgeous!

Leanne @ Because (I Think) I Can

Honey at 2805 said...

The drum table with the white bottom and dark top is terrific. It must love it's new dress!

Thank you for linking your project to Potpourri Friday!

Trisha @ Inspiration Laboratories said...

Stopping in from TT&J! I have an antique drum table very similar to yours that has seen better days, but I am scared to do anything to it. I think you have just alleviated some of my stress. Yours looks great!

Julie said...

Beautiful! Love the blue inside!

Jane said...

I love this! So cute! It looks amazing. The before is so dated but the after is absolutely fab.

Stopping by from M&M's!

Anonymous said...

Love it, looks fantastic! I have a similar table but I think it's a cheaper newer version, feels like laminate, but I would sure love to paint it like you did. Yours is gorgeous.

Mary

Kelly said...

I love that style table! You did a wonderful job redoing it. I know what you mean about cloudy days. Sometimes, I have to plan my day of taking pictures around the weather! It really does make a difference.

The Charm of Home said...

That turned out beautiful! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
Sherry

Glenda @ Magnolia Bend Drive said...

I think drum tables are so pretty, and I really like your transformation. First time I've seen the white ASCP in action. Looks so great!

Vicki V @ blestnest.blogspot.com said...

I have a table just like this and am itching to give it a makeover! I LOVE it!

Kahli said...

I could have sworn I commented on this makeover but I guess I didn't! I love how it turned out! I wish I had a table like this to makeover. Definitely love the two two look and the pop of color in the drawer!

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

What a charmer!! Love how it came out- Thanks for sharing this at Feathered Nest Friday! :)

Good Time Charlie said...

You are so good at refinishing wood! Every piece you do with the two tone just looks flawless. Thank you so much for sharing!

Ivy and Elephants said...

I can't believe this is the same table. The table was beautiful before, now it is so elegant and I love the splash of color. Gorgeous work. I would love for you to share this amazing post at our newly launched linky party. Hope you can join us.

Paula
ivyandelephants.blogspot.com

Cottage and Broome said...

The table came out great, I love the surprise of color when you open the drawer. Great job, Laura

Honey I'm Home Blog said...

Wow, Katie - You can take the saddest little piece of furniture & turn it into something really beautiful. I love surprises, so of course I'm delighted by the blue drawer. Thank you for linking to Fabulous Friday at Faith, Trust & Pixie Dust.

Warmly, Michelle

Ivy and Elephants said...

Thank you so much for linking this fabulous post to What's it Wednesday!

Paula

Erin said...

You have the prettiest furniture transformations! I also love the pop of color in the drawer. :)