Pages

home profile party links featured

May 21, 2011

The Best Cat Ever


Once upon a time, a girl went to the Humane Society and adopted a kitty.  He was six weeks old, malnourished with not much fur.  However, he was much loved and grew up to be a very handsome cat.



Sam always found the sunniest spot.



Another favorite spot.


If there was a box around, Sam was in it!

Sam was a love bug.  If you were sitting down, he was on your lap.  If you talked to Sam, he would meow his answer.  You could carry on a ten minute conversation with him.  Sam was the best cat ever.

Sadly, we lost Sam at the age of 15.  He was greatly missed.  The house seemed like an empty shell without him.

So, again, the girl went to the Humane Society, and this sweetie said, "Please take me home."  So she did.


Smokey Bear is quite the character.


Smokey likes to supervise the paperwork.



Smokey is quite the jumper and likes to observe from on high.  (That's the top of my hutch!)


And, you guessed it, Smokey is the best cat ever!

All things bright and beautiful,
All creatures great and small,
All things wise and wonderful,
The Lord God made them all.
Amen.

I'm linking to:

Thanks for visiting.

4 comments:

Thoughtfully Blended Hearts said...

So beautiful...both of them... I used to have a grey cat just like yours...his name was Mouse.
Have a beautiful day!!!

Linda said...

Terrific post--I was charmed and entertained and empathetic. If you don't already, you could write wonderful children's books!

Erin said...

Awww, what adorable kitties. I think adopting them is the very best way to go. :) Sammy looks so cute in that box--one of our cats does the same exact thing with every little nook and cranny. Cats are so funny.

Thanks for the your nice comment about our bedroom, Katie! Hope you're having an awesome weekend! :)

CraftAddict2 said...

Katie found your post thru a link someone added to The Art of Doing stuff blog. I was so touched by your post of your cats! We lost my 2 friends last year - Dipstick and Chewie - much like your Sam - they were rescues from the shelter and my best friends - Dipstick was my mushball and lap warmer! We have just recently gotten 2 kittens from a friend that found their Mama (not knowing she was expecting) and I realized I'd never adopted babies before - they were always past the Holy terror stage!! ha ha We are getting used to them and they us! It was a very lonely year without fur in the house!! So glad that year is over! Love your smokey bear- reminds me of a cat I had years ago - she was the sweetest thing! Cats are definately a gift from God to keep us humble!! ;-) Thanks for sharing!